Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I got PHISHed

Yeh, it's true. They got me! I got phished on MySpace. 
I've decided to come clean about it in hopes of helping others to not fall prey to a PHISHing scam.

What happened was this: 
I got a message from one of my "friends" on MySpace. I decided to view the message. The message told me that he had read some negative about me on another person's MySpace page. Whereas the "friend" in question is a good friend and whereas he's kind of a joker, I thought it was an inventive way for him to get people to his website to views some new changes he had made. 
So, I clicked on the link to the other site and here's where I should have been suspicious! MySpace wanted me to log on to view the information. But I thought I was logged in? Well, I was and somebody got my password.

The lesson of the day is: Be very suspicious of pretty much anything you do on the internet. If something just doesn't seem right, it probably isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hacking Into the Past

In my youth, I would take apart various electronic games, un-soldering and re-soldering them, and taking pride in the fact that that the suc...