Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Disk Cleanup

Windows Users

I never realized just how much junk Windows computers keep! Recently I was working on a computer and I discovered gigabytes of downloads in various temporary directories.

So, in addition to the other recommended maintenance tools to run on a regular basis, I will add running the Disk Cleanup Tool.

All Windows Users should make sure that they run the following tools on a monthly basis:

1. Windows updates
2. Disk Cleanup
3. Defragmentation
4. Virus scan
5. Spyware scan

You need not perform these actions in the order above. The main thing though is that you DO THEM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hacking Into the Past

In my youth, I would take apart various electronic games, un-soldering and re-soldering them, and taking pride in the fact that that the suc...