Monday, February 9, 2009

Netbook for only $99?

Many of you might be worried that I'm now sending out ads, or that I've sold my mailing list! But not to worry. Google has probably already sold it!
[that was a joke! --- maybe]

Anyhow, but for those of you interested in the title of this newsletter, here's the deal. I was walking by RadioShack this weekend and noticed in their window an add to get an Acer Netbook for $99.99.

Unbelievable?! Well, yes it is. There is a catch. 
Turns out it has a built-in AT&T data card. So, in order to purchase the machine for $99.99, you have to sign a 2-year agreement with AT&T. But there may be some of you out there on my list who are interested in such a computer. Alas, it does come with Windows XP installed.....

I recently tried out an AcerOne and was quite impressed. Of course, I removed Windows and installed Linux Ubuntu on it. I loved the super portability of the computer, but I found that I really needed a bigger screen and keyboard for my general usage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hacking Into the Past

In my youth, I would take apart various electronic games, un-soldering and re-soldering them, and taking pride in the fact that that the suc...